Cooking up a storm in Birmingham’s Balti Triangle
Almost everybody loves a curry and particularly a balti. Birmingham is where the balti phenomenon first started and for curry and culture lovers,a tour of the Balti Triangle is a must,not only to sample the real thing and find out what makes the Birmingham Balti so special but also to enjoy the area’s multi cultural offer.
Andy Munro,born and bred in the area and author of the Essential St Baltiguide will provide a fascinating insight into the history of this legendary dish and ensure a thoroughly entertaining(and of course appetising!) visit.
Packages are suitable for parties of between fifteen and sixty and consist of the following….
PACKAGE 1 (MEAL ONLY)
Starter, main course, naan or rice, asian sweet, coffee or tea. (from £13.99 pp)
PACKAGE 2 (MEAL/COOKERY DEMO/PRESENTATION)
As with Package 1(above) but includes a demo of cooking a Balti(everybody gets a recipe card) and an entertaining short illustrated talk about ‘Balti…Birmingham’s Signature Dish!’ (from £18 pp)
PACKAGE 3 (MEAL/COOKERY DEMO/PRESENTATION/BALTI QUIZ WITH PRIZES)
As with Package 2 but ends with a laugh a minute Balti Quiz ( from £19.50 pp)
PACKAGE 4 (MEAL/COOKERY/PRESENTATION/BALTI QUIZ WITH PRIZES/GUIDED TOUR OF THE AREA)
As with Package 3 but includes a guided tour with visits to Sari Shop, Spice Shop, Jeweller, Shoe Shop and Sweet Centre etc etc. (from £22.50 pp)
- large parties will have a private function room at the restaurant
- only restaurants that cook the genuine Birmingham Balti will be used
- all restaurants used are unlicensed but don’t charge corkage..there are a number of off licences in the vicinity
- assumes coach driver has free meal for large parties
- packages assumes evening visit arriving either mid afternoon or early evening depending on the type of package chosen, although lunchtime visits can be organised.